Lower Slower Report week of 05/08/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Slower Report week of 05/08/22

Quick report from the Lower Slower. Fished last Sunday and Monday, plus today. Despite opening day winds keeping us tucked in the lee shallows, we managed to find some fish. The fish were hungry and hitting everything from 6" Storms to 4" paddle tails in all manner of colors: from pink to chartreuse. We landed mostly s schoolies, with fish up to 22". Monday was a blue bird day and we managed to cover a lot more water. The numbers improved and we caught fish a variety of depth, ranging from 14' to 5'. I had a new kayak PB of a very fat and healthy 27.5" on a 1/8 oz. red jig head with a 4" pink paddle tail. We were searching for specs and as Big Mike has noted, none were to be found. My Trout Trick did land a striper though. Today was a challenge, I debated fishing. Ultimately, after evaluating the conditions decided to go for it. I chose a sheltered launch and a section of water that was in the lee. Unfortunately, conditions were not as favorable. I cut my trip short, but managed to land three fish, up to 17" in the 45 minutes I was out. All three were landed on a chicken Trout Trick. I think we'll be blown out the rest of this week. Tight lines all. Screenshot_20220508-221803_Gallery.jpg
    Starts
    05-08-2022
    Ends
    05-08-2022
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Great report, thanks for sharing. That's a healthy looking rockfish
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Thanks for the report! If the wind ever stops blowing, I’ll be making a trip down that way.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Yeah, waiting for the regular season to come in and I have been thinking of launching the Gheenoe out of Piney Point for a trip.

Comment

I actually went out today. Wind was there, but not at all what was forecast. Stayed in the lee. Only one fish in the first 20 minutes of our four hour trip. Healthy 20" rock. Nothing else to really report. My buddy did lose his favorite rod and new reel, so a major bummer.
          Tight lines
          Hobie Ivory Dune Outback

Comment

Damn, lost the favorite rod and reel? That is really bad!

Comment

He actually got the rod and reel back a week later. It was in about 4' of water.
              Tight lines
              Hobie Ivory Dune Outback

Comment

Working...
              X