Skunked again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skunked again

I have been skunked the last two times I have fished the South River. I'm wondering if the lower than normal salt content has anything to do with it?

I tried jigs, shinners, gulp and fake blood worms, nothing worked. There was a good current running this morning although it was pretty windy.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Sorry to hear of your skunk. I have a friend who lives on the South River and his reports have been very hit or miss. Several weeks ago he was reliably finding rockfish on top of ledges adjacent to the main river channel. Those fish are no longer there and SAV has become a problem on the shallow ledges. Fish are also not staying in one spot for very long either... he'll catch a good number of fish in one spot then a couple days later return to the spot and not find any fish. I fished with him a week or two ago and we located a lot of fish right on the channel edge, and he returned 2 days later and didn't find any fish there. He's also catching perch under docks (usually jigging a blade bait) but has not reported any large perch yet.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

I fished the south river last week. I caught three bluegill...I don't think I caught anything else. People near me caught some perch, but they were not stacked up like we often see later in june

Comment

Working...
      X