Perch have arrived at Solley's as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perch have arrived at Solley's as well

I put out at Solley's around 4:30 pm yesterday. I started out by trolling for rock in one of my previously successful spots to no luck. Switched up to the ultralight/beetle-spin combo and managed a dozen or so perch in a short time - all relatively small. Trolled a few more spots over the next couple of hours with no bites, but caught more perch in between paddling. Finished up in the same area where I began around sunset and the perch bite was still hot but by 7:30 some bigger ones were mixed in - no footballs but several were in the 9"-10" range. Overall, I caught 50-plus perch in a little over 3 hours, and a single 5" rock.

I didn't head very far upstream but didn't spot/smell any fallout from the sewage spill/dead menhaden. No issues with grass beyond the usual either.

Glad to hear the sewage spill didn't stick around long
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Yes, that is great news. I avoided Solley's , or as someone put it "Soiley's" last weekend. I am considering trying different areas nearby also...i think there are two other launches? Downs Park and Bodkin creek, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by UnkleRob2020 View Post
        Yes, that is great news. I avoided Solley's , or as someone put it "Soiley's" last weekend. I am considering trying different areas nearby also...i think there are two other launches? Downs Park and Bodkin creek, maybe?
        Be sure to let me know what you think about those other launches. I'm open to learning some other spots but not if it means dragging my kayak the length of a football field.

Comment

I am with you Scorchy...I fished Homeport Farms on memorial day weekend and John had to help me get the yak up the hill as I am not good at balancing the load on the ctug and I probably brought too much gear that day for a simple perch outing...still learning every time I get out on the water

Comment

Working...
          X