St Jerome’s Variety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Jerome’s Variety

I fished with Ron today at St Jerome’s. We fished the incoming tide, which is still a necessity to give cleaner water and pushing the last of the floating grass back into the creek. The sunrise was spectacular.
    A2EA4D8E-6A08-4A2B-9DB9-40E7BF6ED6FE.jpg
    I quickly found some trout, with the second one being big enough to break my poorly tied leader knot.
    B1942EC2-1637-4F80-A994-ADC63823C529.jpg
    6104B867-8ABC-4CAD-AD42-E960B95A8F7D.jpg
    After I got rerigged the trout had moved off to scattered locations. We headed to some rock piles we’ve discovered and I picked up my first bluefish of the year. Ron found some schoolies, blues, perch and a very surprising 15” flounder (no picture)
    B8AA0B8E-3B0A-42D4-B06E-2E054F211CF7.jpg
    we continued to pick off a trout here or there but the action wasn’t hot and heavy. Around 9 the tide turned and dirty water and grass made fishing an exercise in futility. Although we didn’t catch a ton of fish it was nice to have variety. Saw a Cutlass fish caught in the Patuxent so our summer visitors are arriving.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Nice fish Mike. I like those multi-species days. I'm hoping this summer I can finally manage to catch a cutlass fish.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

That's great Mike....sounds like a wonderful day and I also enjoy multi-species days more than just hammering schoolies. Fishing has been slow in the mid bay area lately. When things start to pick up in Southern MD, does that normally mean that fishing further up the bay will improve with time?

Comment

Oh I miss St Jerome’s Creek.
        Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
        X