Quick Susky outing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Susky outing

Nothing great to report, but I haven't been out in a long time and I figure any boring post is better than no post.
    Went to the office yesterday and noticed it was nice and overcast and not 200deg out, so had my coffee and called it a day.
    Put in at the mouth of Deer Creek (that launch sucks ass) and hit the main river. Fished for a couple hours and managed about 20 of these little guys. They were small, but put on quite the areal shows. All but two came off topwater. Nice day. Didn't see another person, just me and a few bald eagles.

What is everyones method for rigging a whopper plopper to avoid line twist? Just a swivel at the lure or a leader then swivel? I was rushed and ill-prepared yesterday, so I had to tie directly to the main line. After a few line twist fiasco's, I gave up the plopper and went with a spook.

SUSKY2.jpg

image_25884.jpg
    Native Slayer 12
    Native Ultimate

Nice little smallie! I'd take 20 of them any day.

The weather yesterday was such a nice break from what we've been getting lately. I took advantage and got on the water too, and I hope other did as well.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

The day that 20 Smallies is a nothing day is a world I want to live in.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Did a long float today with a friend. We each got about 8. All little guys. I'm going to have to fi d out where the big ones live.
        Native Slayer 12
        Native Ultimate

Comment

There's not much you can do to control line twist from a whopper plopper. I don't like using leader and then a swivel with a topwater because the swivel weighs down the line. You could try a swivel at the lure. I do find the Berkelely Choppos tend to be harder to roll over, so you don't get quite as much line twist, but even those will roll if you fish them across the current.
          - Cliff

Hobie Compass
          Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

I used a small swivel at the lure to mono to braid yesterday. Threw it without issue this time. Actually there was one issue, they weren't much interested in topwater. lol.
            Native Slayer 12
            Native Ultimate

Comment

Working...
            X