SOMD Slam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOMD Slam

Today was the variety of life with the Southern Maryland Slam, plus one. First fish of the day was a puppy drum, usually the hardest one to catch to make the slam. Shortly after that a 26” rockfish that I thought was a ray because it fought weird. When I got it aboard saw it had inhaled my bait and was gill hooked. Dinner tonight as it wouldn’t have survived. Then an 18” trout smashed my paddle tail, the first of 5 for the day, 4 being over 15”. On my way between spots I picked up my first lizardfish of the year. Like everything else they seem late to the party, not that I care as they are a nuisance. On the way back to the ramp I stopped and threw to a perch spot to complete the SOMD Slam

7786A9F9-8789-4426-9587-C6E4506776A9.jpg
    443A6CD9-E818-477C-BEC2-A5CF38C83380.jpg

E79B18AE-BE69-4226-89B6-9B224732D43A.jpg
    Attached Files
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Congratulations on completing the slam. Sounds like fishing is turning on well.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice work, 26" rockfish will make a great meal. I meant to ask you if you had been catching many lizardfish this year, I remember last summer they were inescapable... guess I have my answer now. Hope you don't get too many tails chewed up in the coming weeks
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
      X