8/15/22....Hog city!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/15/22....Hog city!

Ok, so I know I meet to get out and try another spot besides lower marlboro, but I've just been having so much success there its hard not to. I think I'm gonna try the wicomico this weekend. Anyway, at lower marlboro today, I put in at around 7, motored up to a hole I hadent tried yet next to a steep bank in 45 feet. 5 minutes of bait in the water and the fight was on! Ended up with the 34 inches, followed by a few decent ones in the 25 inch range. Another great day on the water. A guy at the pier told me that there has been a car in the water just off the pier for several years. That must be where a lot of those snags are coming from.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Sorry for the typos up there, I've got bog thumbs....lol
    Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

I dig it. Cool catfish! I always laugh when reeling in a catfish larger than my dog. haha. Impossible not to have fun with them.

Comment

If that was a red drum you’d be front page news.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice,, Wife and Sis in-law catch fish off their kayaks near Lower Marlboro,, they have not caught that size yet
          Captian of the plastic Navy
          1 - Mad River Canoes
          1- Tarpon 120
          1- Redfish 10
          1- Coosa HD
          2- Cuda 12
          1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Wow, that is a brute of a catfish. Nice catch!
            Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
            2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Nice!! It is hard to try new places when you have success at a particular spot. Thats why I’m partial to lower Marlboro also. It’s close to home and plenty of good fighting fish.

The guy at the pier is correct. About 20 feet in front of the pier there is an old car (Volkswagen beetle I heard) that somehow ended up in the water years ago. You can see it on the fish finder Just can’t make it out because it’s covered in debris. There is something on the left side of the pier also. I don’t know what it is. All I know is I avoid that area on the left. Guaranteed snag every time.

Comment

I watched a documentary the other day that said there was a steamboat wharf there 200 years ago. Could be some of the remains and foundations of that wharf down there still as well.
                Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

I need to try some catfishin. What did you get them on?
                  Native Slayer 12
                  Native Ultimate

Comment

Cut bunker, but gizzard shad or spot would also get the job done.
                    Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Working...
                    X