Good to be back on the water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to be back on the water

I launched into Eastern Bay just before sunrise. I hadn't been fishing from my kayak in almost two months due to torn rotator cuffs and family stuff. The air temps were cool, the sky was overcast and it felt like a great day to be fishing.

I had a good morning...not great, but good. I got 7 stripers in the boat. All were caught on paddletails (5 trolling, 2 casting) and a moving tide. When the tide was slack, the bite died and I was happy enough to head home. I stayed in a small area yesterday that I have known to be productive in the past. There would have been days where I would have "left fish to find fish" but I didn't want to temp fate by paddling a good distance to my favorite spot at this location.

It was great to be back on the water and I am considering leaving the yak on top of my car for the week in the hopes that I will be able to leave work early one afternoon and get a few hours of fishing in...

Way to get out there Rob - fishing is good medicine for many things.
    Nick
    2021 Hobie Outback

Comment

Welcome back and glad you got out, 2 months after shoulder surgery is good progress
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Rob -

Glad to hear that you got on the water and found some stripers. As the air and water temperatures cool off in the upcoming weeks, fishing should improve. I hope your health and family commitments will allow you more frequent trips in your kayak.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Welcome back, Rob! I'm probably off the water for the next 2 weeks due to travel and family stuff, but will have to hit the water soon after.

Comment

Thank you for the support everyone. The shoulder feels fine so I am hoping to get out this weekend also...the kayak is still on top of my car :--)

Comment

Working...
            X