Edward's Ferry - September 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward's Ferry - September 4

I arrived at Edward's Ferry before sunrise. The water was much cooler than I expected, and much cooler than I had experienced lately in tidal waters. I Arron caught a monster walleye here two years ago and now he comes back as often as he can, despite getting skunked regularly :--)

The skies were overcast, the air temp was fairly cool and the water was cool. Regardless, I had no expectations of catching fish. I was resigned to have a day on the water with my buddy.

On my 3rd cast, I caught a beautiful fish...she was a fighter and fat (in my opinion). It took me a while before I could see the fish in the water. When I netted her, I wasn't sure what species. She was just under 17" long and fat. Arron was there in a flash and he told me that it was a Walleye and I agreed. Lol...we were both very wrong....Somebody told me it was a Smallmouth after I sent them a picture of my "walleye (pic attached).
    ....lol...

John, if you read this report....I stand by my designation of the sunfish I caught with you last fall :--)

That was it...no more fish for either of us, but it was a beautiful day ....especially when I though I had caught a new species.
    Attached Files

That’s a very nice smallmouth. A walleye and smallmouth look nothing alike, but if you mistake a walleye for a smallmouth and lip it you’ll definitely know one of the differences.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I have tried replaying the incident in my head. The smallie was nice and I could not identify it while it was in the net and in the water. The coloring looked different than a LM bass to me. I still don't understand how Arron could have also misidentified my smallie after having caught this Walleye below.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X