NAS Pax drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAS Pax drifting

Wanted to try something different today so I launched at fishing point on base and drifted a steep ledge a few times. There were lots of baitfish popping. Got one big takedown (probably a ray, I've gotten a bunch there from the bank) and managed 1 decent 10 inch bluefish and a big crab. The water was pretty choppy so I didn't stay out very long. I took the bluefish home and ate it for dinner.
    Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Were you drifting bait or using artificials?

The remnants of the Cedar Point lighthouse look like an excellent place to throw some artificials for rockfish, bluefish, and whatever else may be around
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

I was using what bunker i had left from monday. I know where cedar point is, but not sure where the lighthouse was.
      Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Originally posted by paxmule View Post
        I was using what bunker i had left from monday. I know where cedar point is, but not sure where the lighthouse was.
        About 600yds due east of Cedar Point, easily visible on Google Maps satellite view. It's a big rock pile now - used to be a light house that was actually sitting on the main land.
        Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
        2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

I took a look at it. Looks like a good spot. I may give it a shot on a good day when its not too choppy out there.
          Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

I use to fish cedar point lighthouse when I had my center console about 5 years ago. Had to be careful of the semi submerged structure. Never caught anything there but have heard of people doing pretty well in that area in the early mornings. Have caught rockfish and blues just north of the lighthouse on the boat jigging and trolling.

Comment

Fished the remnants of Cedar Point Light frequently by kayak. Didn't have base access so put in at the public ramp in Solomons by the bridge. (12.5 miles round trip - excluding trolling the area once there) You would think it would be a fish magnet. Never as good as I thought it should be. Just offshore of it in the tidal rips I found to be better. (rockfish, blues, mackerel) Trolling along the rocks along the base on the way there was predictably decent.
              Attached Files
              Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
              Predator 13

Comment

Working...
              X