Windy day cattin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy day cattin

I got talked into having a fish fry for my division at work so I took the task today. I already have some fish in the freezer from last weekend so I figured another bag would be plenty. I went up to clyde watson at 2pm today and it was pretty windy. I was expecting it and that section of river doesn't get too choppy. When i got there i realized i didnt pack my fishfinder battery so i was fishing blind looking for current breaks near the banks in 15-30 feet of water. The big blues weren't playing today using my usual methods. The water temp was a bit cooler. I'm sure they were out there, just not where I was fishing. I ended up with more channels than blues surprisingly. 4 channels and 3 blues. Biggest blue was only 8 pounds. I did end up with plenty of meat for the fish fry. I've got a car show tomorrow and the weather looks dicey Sunday. Might have to wait another week.
    Last edited by paxmule; 09-24-2022, 06:45 AM.
    Dylan

Bonafide RS117

At least you were able to bring meat home. Was the bite aggressive?

Comment

No it was very slow. I was getting pecked to death by dinks. All the fish I cleaned were full of some kind of green tree nut or seed. Small green round hard things about 1/4" in diameter. I have a feeling the big blues were likely at the kings landing or white landing area. Clyde watson area doesn't have a lot of structure and it was windy, which makes me think they were at one or both of those areas.
      Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Working...
      X