Foggy Morning in Eastern Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foggy Morning in Eastern Bay

Went out this morning with fog, misty rain, but flat water hoping to find some fish. Thanks goodness for FF as it allowed me to locate a favorite spot for Stripers.
    2B662A70-2F21-4B61-964C-F58A2796F481.jpg

Was able to find a couple of fish-all caught on an “Electric Chicken” paddle tail. Late in the morning, after a relaunch at a second site the rod went down hard and the reel started singing. After several good runs, I was able to net this 23 1/2” Striper. Very healthy looking fish-got the picture and had it back in the water quickly to swim away.
    3BC3FF03-0447-460C-A980-36088E8CFFB2.jpg
    Attached Files
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Very nice little football John! 23 1/2" is a respectable fish.

The Severn was like a mirror when I drove over the bridge this morning and I immediately thought it would be a good day to drag some lines in the water. I'm glad to hear that you were catching them on the "Electric Chicken" color. I have that soft plastic in my arsenal but have not had any luck using it. Might have to break them back out and get 'em wet.
    PASADENA
    2018 VIBE SEA GHOST 130- TEAM ORANGE

INSTAGRAM - @duff_dynasty1

Comment

Nice catch. You caught the largest fish on an otherwise slow day. Fishing in that fog was fun, as long as I stayed within eyesight of a shoreline (100-200 yards visibility at first). The water surface was slick calm and I could see every little bait swirl near me for the first hour. The two eagles I usually see at that spot were there again yesterday.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Sounds like perfect conditions with that fog, calm water and low light.

Glad you guys got out and caught some fish.

Congrats.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

That's a healthy-looking fish John and sounds like a beautiful morning on the water. I spent some time in North Carolina a couple of years ago and the electric chicken was a favorite color for specks and reds using plastics and mirrolures.

I hope the wind dies down for us weekend warriors.
          Nick
          2021 Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice fish John. I was also on the water yesterday morning and that fog and flat water was so cool to paddle through. So peaceful yet eerie at the same time.

Originally posted by DuffDynasty View Post
            I'm glad to hear that you were catching them on the "Electric Chicken" color. I have that soft plastic in my arsenal but have not had any luck using it. Might have to break them back out and get 'em wet.
            You should give it a try. Electric chicken is easily one of my top 3 colors.
            Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
            2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

That is a beautiful fish John...congratulations. Persistence pays off...it is rare that I would launch at two separate places in the same morning.

I never had much luck with electric chicken until late last year. It has become one of my two favorite colors of paddle tails....it may be worth revisiting Duff...

Comment

Working...
              X