Beautiful late fall trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful late fall trip

Was able to get out yesterday for 5 hours. Headed north out of lower Marlboro to first location. Found fish stacked on a 30ft flat next to a steep drop off. Couldn’t get my anchor to set on the spot so I moved on to next location. Found fish on the lowrance in 25ft. Screen had good marks also. First fish was a good size table blue catfish. The rest were steady pickings of small fish.

Outgoing tide started to slack and I got tired of the small fish so I moved up river about 150 yards in about 30ft. Dropped anchor and waited till tide changed. Friend of mine was fishing off the lower Marlboro pier and let me know the tide started moving again for him and he started getting bites. About 10-15 minutes later my kayak started to shift and point up river. Amazing.

Once anchor rode came tight I baited rods and sent them down. More small blues and a lot of misses and let offs. But screen still showed big fish. Noticed they were higher in the water column so I kept left rod on bottom and the right rod about ten feet off bottom. Right rod went down hard. Rod tip was in the water. Reeled in a nice fish about 15-20lbs I’d say. I need a scale. More misses later I pulled in about a 10lber. Paxmule met up with me as I was tossing it back.

That spot started to slow up. So I kept moving up river. Caught only one more small blue and missed another big one. Wasn’t a bad day out. Water was smooth calm. Temp was just right.
    Attached Files

Nice fish,, and thanks for the great report.
    Really good to see fellow kayakers enjoying the LM area,, most "serious" fisherman have discounted this area as "A waste of time"

Next year I will get out with you all.
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Lower Marlboro is strange. Honestly I’d never fish up pass Broomes Island until getting the kayak. But it’s like any other body of water. Just have to figure it out.

Comment

It was really nice out. The water was smooth as glass when I first put in
        Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Most definitely was. Couldn’t have asked for a better late fall day to be on the kayak.

Comment

That is a pretty and clean looking blue catfish. Good job.
            MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
            2016 Hobie Outback LE
            Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
            https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

Working...
              X