11-26 Carp Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-26 Carp Report

For two years Capt Dave and I have been trying to get The Bruce onboard to teach us carp. He was taught by a master carper that has fished with us and is half The Bruce's age. It seemed to me that the art is a passed down thing..In any case we learned a lot and I am very grateful for the knowledge. Thank you The Bruce.

Caught about 24 on a warm fall day. Winds light from the south made a warmer experience too.

Here are some pics. Oh and I bought some more tackle for carp..

Thanks

Capt Mike

Capt Dave

That looks like all sorts of fun!

Comment

Meanwhile, in pay to fish pond in France: Meet the "Carrot" http___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_221123105542-fisherman-catches-giant-goldfish-restricted.jpg

Comment

Awesome! It's great to see some folks appreciating carp fishing! I know they get a bad rap, but they are great fun to catch, and really powerful fighters once you get into the 20+ pounders. I haven't fished for them at all this year, but most years I'll spend a few days shore fishing for them. I think this one was about 23lb, caught on the Pax a couple of years ago using the European style of gear I see in the background of your photos.

20200521_093951.jpg

Comment

Congratulations. You guys have been taught by the master.

Here's one of many I have caught under the tuteledge of "The Bruce":

IMG_4418.jpg
          These beasts are stealthily swimming in most of our local waters. They have amazing stamina and power. After you hook a few you'll wonder why you didn't try to catch them before.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
          X