Magothy Chain Pickeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magothy Chain Pickeral

I couldn’t pass up two straight days of calm water and decent temps so I fished Spriggs Pond (off the Magothy River) for an hour today around noon. The water was kind of muddy due to construction of two docks. I fished around several docks for awhile with a variety of lures with no success. I then remembered what “Mark” had recommended on another recent post, which was to try the open water if shallows aren’t producing. First cast brought a nice fat 19 incher. A couple of other hits, but nothing landed. The fish I landed was in about 6 feet of water with no visible structure around it. First fish of my year! FA2129D2-8BEE-49FF-9E67-335812600B25.jpg 15BF7410-EC68-4BF9-AF36-1CBD207E2A4E.jpg

Nice fish! That is a plump pickerel. Off to a good start for 2023
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Yep...deeper water is key now. Your 19-incher has been eating well. Congrats.

Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice. Fat healthy fish!

Comment

Was the water stained due to construction or a possible “Mahogeny Tide?” The Severn is going through one this last week due to the warm air temps.
          John Rentch
          Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
          Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

That’s a good point about the water being “muddied” or “stained.” The water probably had characteristics of both since there seemed to be some oil sheen on the top from the construction. I’ll check further if I go out today— thanks for the comment. Al

Comment

Working...
            X