Severn River Pickerel, 01/21/2023, Annapolis, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River Pickerel, 01/21/2023, Annapolis, MD

Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (VA) hasn't been fish-able due to the strong winds when I could fish.
    So I fished for crappie one morning (Jan 16th) in Occouquan River, Northern VA. I caught the first skunk of the year along with other anglers.

On Jan 21st, I went to Annapolis, MD for chain pickerel. I have a very limited knowledge on this species. One of the snagged liners taught me the pickerel fishing here years ago. Since then, I have been using the same jig head and the same 3" curly tail grubs.

It took about 1.5 hours to find the general area where the pickerel were. In 40F water, I landed 7 pickerel @18-23" in the morning.

Fishing Log:

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

You did well Joe.

Congratulations.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great video. Those are some beautiful and healthy fish. Looks like you had some nice fishing conditions too.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
        Great video. Those are some beautiful and healthy fish. Looks like you had some nice fishing conditions too.
        Yes, they were very healthy, and bigger (by 1-2") comparing the ones caught about 10 years ago. If the water was colder than 40 F, it would be better in catching, I think.

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Thanks for the report. Great to see fish in January.

Comment

Working...
          X