Kayaking Fishing for Blue Cats 01-21-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayaking Fishing for Blue Cats 01-21-2023

I did a shakedown trip at Mattawoman Creek for blue catfish. I was hoping to get a catfish 24 inches and under, but on this day 99% of the catfish that we caught on last years frozen perch were mostly around 30 inches!

https://youtu.be/JqGbIYeH4sk
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Nice catfish. I went to Slavins in December a couple years back and didn't even get a tap on my lines the whole time. I have the worst luck with these things... all the waters are crawling with them and I can't catch em to save my life.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Excellent video Martin...as usual.

We should all have your problem of catching fish that are too big for our liking.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice! Looked like fun to me. Never fished the Potomac for blue cats but hear the river is infested with them.

Dave, keep at it! Your first one may be an absolute monster! I plan on heading out for them soon. Putting finishing touches on upgrading my kayak now. Few more weeks I’ll be headed out! Hopefully you can tag along!

Comment

Awesome video Moc. Well done.
          Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
          Predator 13

Comment

Good to see some other folks catching cats. Was this closer to indian head or more up the creek?
            Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

nice! i recognize that spot! I've caught quite a few blue cats out of there, and i think i've donated a rig or two to that same tree or whatever it is down there as well lol. i wont say any more than that to not blow our spot up
              -Justin

Comment

Originally posted by paxmule View Post
                Good to see some other folks catching cats. Was this closer to indian head or more up the creek?
                ive caught them either direction, they're all over that place.
                -Justin

Comment

Correct, I catch them either left or right of the ramp. Mattawoman is one of the few places that I will mention the ramp. Mostly, because most kayakers in that area knows of the Slavins Boat Launch and the creek It is a safe place to paddle, especially for nubies.
                  MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                  2016 Hobie Outback LE
                  Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Working...
                  X