It sure is nice out today, debating calling out and going out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sure is nice out today, debating calling out and going out

Like the title says it's already in the 50s at 10 and headed for the 60s. I'm really debating calling out for the afternoon and heading down to mattawoman, Moc's recent catfish thread really makes me want to get the kayak slimy
    -Justin

Low winds, sunny, and warm. Today is a good day to capitalize on the weather and go fishing... that's exactly what I'll be doing!
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Well that plan didn't work lol so I think I'm going to at least ride my bike down to the local pond (Lake Artemesia) a bit later and bank fish for some stocked trout
      -Justin

Comment

It's not a kayak, but it is still peddle powered
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        -Justin

Comment

I went out on the Pax yesterday morning, launching from Clyde Watson. Fishing was slow but I picked up a couple of half-decent 23-inch blue cats. One was fairly deep at like 25', but the other was in more like 9'. There were quite a few baitfish up relatively shallow, so in hindsight - and when I go out next - I think I'll start closer to shallow flats. Found some interesting bottom structure in 9-11ft, which is rare on the Pax, and that's where I got a couple of quick bites and one of the blues. As always, the main channel is solid with fish from 25-35ft, and not one of them would bite. Would love to drop a camera down there but the water is always so stained on that river.

Comment

Im probably gonna get my season started up on presidents day. I got a 14 foot v hull with a 15 HP, ive been rigging up all winter and I'm itching to get it out there and put some fish in it. I'll still use my kayak a lot of the time due to ease of transport but with the boat i'll be able to get to some spots i havent had the range to get to before.
            Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Same here, presidents day weather looks great so I anticipate there will likely be a few of us doing shakedown runs. Ill likely be one of them as well. Likely launching in AM from Slavins
              -Justin

Comment

Working...
              X