2023 catfishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 catfishing

Took my first trip of the year today at clyde watson. Mainly a shakedown run for my new boat which performed great. I took some frozen bunker with me and tried a few spots. Water was 46. Managed 1 10 pounder. There were trotlines from white landing to kings landing. I must have counted at least 10 of them. There were a couple kayakers out there. Not sure how they were doing.

received_2133687386832820.jpg
    Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Nice going. That's a weird looking kayak
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Thanks. Its the same length as a PA14 but just a bit wider and has a bit more HP.
      Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Nice going! Must have felt nice to get started again!

Comment

Tried the potomac on a friend's boat today, launched out of smallwood park and tried several spots in the Indian head area. Nothing huge but we did have some luck on some 8-10 lb fish. There were few other fishermen out but I did see a couple folks kayak fishing. Bait was frozen bunker and 1 large gizzard shad we managed to net.
          Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Had to go to VA for a class so I took my kayak with me. I went and tried the Northwest river out of bobs fishing hole cause a friend told me he caught some good blue cats there. I took red worms and caught 8 bluegill for bait. Set up in a hole by a creek mouth and managed a 16 lb blue. The water in this river is not as murky as the patuxent so the fish are darker colored. I threw a rooster tail around while waiting and also managed a couple white perch. Not a bad trip but im ready for the numbers and size I get from the patuxent again.

20230318_104239.jpg 20230318_114603.jpg
            Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Nice size white perch!

Comment

They really were. I thought I was reeling in a largemouth on the first one until it came to the kayak. The creek mouth I was in was loaded with them. It was fun to reel them in while I waited for the catfish.
                Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

I took the boat out at clyde watson today. Big fish still aren't seemingly active, or at least not today. I did manage 7 eater fish between 5 and 10 lbs. received_235620885505836.jpg received_724968192583391.jpg
                  Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

As each week goes by, the fish are getting more active and bigger fish are being caught. Today's biggest was right at 20 lbs. 2nd biggest was 9 lbs and the 8 others were all eaters.
                    received_729092792290196.jpg
                    Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Solid fish, nice work
                      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
                      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Today I took the kayak out for some fishing, ended up pulling up and bank fishing at miltown landing. Only got some dinks but it was nice to be on the kayak on a beautiful day.
                        20230410_112915.jpg 20230410_113951.jpg
                        Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

I got a chance to make my first trip last week to the Clyde Watson area. I couldnt believe the amount of fish I saw on sonar. Like you've mentioned in the past, what they are and how to get them to bite is another story. Manage 3 eater size blue cats and a bunch of dinks.

One other thing I noticed is that there wasnt a single boat that passed by without powering down to idle as soon as they saw me and my son in kayaks. A much appreciated reprieve from the normal powerboat bros in the Kent Island area.
                          "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
                          Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

The powerboat bros will be there in full force soon. I dealt with them all last summer.
                            Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

9 hours on the potomac last night on a friend's boat brought in 21 catfish. Biggest was 27 LBS. received_1608651026274916.jpg
                              Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

Working...
                              X