A Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question?

Any one get out today? Wind wasn’t bad until about 8. Not my “cup of tea” this morning-maybe Friday.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

I got out early this morning, on the water by 5:45 and off by 9:00. I started the day with some shallow water trolling and even tried topwater - I had no bites and saw minimal life on the fish finder. Eventually I made my way to deeper water and found fish by jigging on hard structure. I caught 13 small stripers in the 16-19" range.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Nope. Didn’t even cross my mind this morning. Only saw one boat headed towards north beach around 830 this morning. Hope he was headed home!

Comment

This morning I launched at two different spots and fished in rough seas. No bites and no bait spotted. The wind was howling with gusts in the mid to upper 20s.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Excess wind more than any other weather factor has reduced my outings significantly since last fall.

John -- You're correct. Friday's wind forecast looks good. But the forecast also was favorable last Tuesday and we got tossed around quite a bit that day too.

Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Been watching the wind for over a week and all I could say about hitting the opener was "Nope!".
            I'll be out this Thursday late morning ahead of low tide and Friday -just not on the main stem of the Bay.
            Next week is looking much better for the wind anyway...Happy Hunting.

Comment

Working...
            X