Homeport Farms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeport Farms

Decided to try Homeport Farms for the first time today. Our main goal was crabbing with 600’ of chicken necks and fishing for perch on the side. Lost track of how many perch we caught and we ended up with about 2 dozen keeper crabs all together. No particular depth was best today crabbing.
    J

Thanks for the report. I did well on perch there a week or two ago, towards the mouth of the creek. They hadn't made their way all the way up the creek at that time. Sounds like they're filling in.

My first and most successful crabbing trip was out of Homeport a few years ago. I was running 10 traps and caught most of the crabs out in the South River, but I brought home half a bushel that day. I have never even come close to replicating that... I truly suck at crabbing. Unlike fish, I have no intuition on where crabs like to hang out and the crabbing community is even more tight-lipped about sharing information than the fishing community
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

That’s pretty much where they were, although I got a couple nice ones off timber way back in the creek. also saw a blue cat floating around that was a nice size.

Nice to hear about the crabs - even if it was once! Back around 2010, I had a half bushel hand lining from a pier just a few creeks up from there.
      J

Comment

Working...
      X