Potomac Redfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac Redfish

The lower Potomac continues to fish poorly but every now and then it throws a bone to keep me coming back. Caught in 2’ of water between shore and where water deep enough for grass to grow. 20” and released.
    0DDB81B7-0D21-4B76-97CF-23C7E793F243.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

I'm glad you are finding a few bright spots in your fishing this summer. That is a beauty.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Beautiful red! I've been concerned with the fishing lately, especially with the recent reports of pods of dolphin in the lower Potomac.
      Tight lines
      Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
      Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
      Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
      Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Nice going Big Mike, hope you can find more this summer
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Nice fish Mike!
          Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
          2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Pretty fish. I'm a little surprised more haven't shown up higher in the Chesapeake. Down south has been swarming with over-slot reds since late winter.

Comment

Nice fish! Hopefully the first of many this season.
              Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Much more salinity right now in the rivers than this time last year. Even the Patuxent at benedict is around 15 PPT right now which is a lot for that area. Supposed to rain for 4 days straight this weekend, that might straighten things out for a bit.
                Dylan

Bonafide RS117

Comment

That's awesome Mike! It's been a struggle down here (Charleston SC) at least for me for the redfish up until a couple weeks ago. Last couple trips managed (20) reds a trip to 30 inches. This is not to one up. It's just to say reds are like catching rockfish down here in terms of numbers typically caught. I'd still take fishing the bay and lower Potomac in the summer months more than down here
                  Attached Files
                  Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
                  Predator 13

Comment

Working...
                  X