Pay the gnat price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay the gnat price

Today I “guided” a friend who’s job doesn’t let him fish as much as he’d like. I took him to one of our redfish spots. I may have neglected to tell him to bring a buff or he’d be sucking gnats deep into his lungs. He told me it was worth it.
    F1CB19FD-15B2-4702-AB47-C6FDC9433223.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Good guiding work. Early morning bug bites can be awfully annoying and itchy.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That fish is definitely worth some bug troubles!
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Originally posted by dsaavedra View Post
        That fish is definitely worth some bug troubles!
        Agreed! Nice!
        Nick
        2021 Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice fish! All I'm managing is small, small puppy drum.
          Tight lines
          Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
          Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
          Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
          Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

I paid the gnat price this morning, snorted one so deep it sent me into a fit of coughing and gagging... I'm pretty sure its still up there.

And I wasn't even rewarded with any slot redfish for my efforts. Pretty sure I hooked one on topwater at first light but it came off the hook after a brief 2 second fight and I never got a look at it. It did not hit like a rockfish and local intel tells me slot reds have been hanging out in the area where I hooked it. Beyond that I got 4 small puppy drum, 3 rockfish (largest was ~21" and riddled with sores, never seen one so sickly looking), 1 lizardfish, and 1 perch. I appreciate the species diversity, and the catch totals weren't bad, but it was a lot of effort out there this morning and slow going most of the time.
            Last edited by dsaavedra; 08-09-2023, 08:16 PM.
            Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
            2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
            X