Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any luck on the Severn recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any luck on the Severn recently?

Been pretty busy with work this year and haven't gotten the kayak out at all, but have the next week or so off. Usually I hit Jonas or Weem's, but the last year or two have been pretty dead this time of year. Don't need any spots or secret info, just curious as to whether its a totally dry hole? If so, I guess its time to do some research or finally learn to catch a snakehead
    Ocean Trident Ultra 4.3
    Hobie Revolution 13 Red Hibiscus

I have not done well in the Severn this summer. On my last four fishing trips there (typically 2 to 3 hours), I averaged just 8 perch per trip. Those trips were done in four different creeks and ponds. That is far fewer than what I used to get on a summer trip. I have caught an occasional striper. My last Severn pickerel was on July 1. As the weather begins to cool down, I will spend more time in the Severn exploring more distant creeks. Hopefully the catch rate will increase then.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X