9-12-23 Patapsco Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-12-23 Patapsco Report

IMG_1637.jpg Picked up a couple very healthy looking stripers and a few white perch on a creek mouth off the Patapsco today and thought I’d share.

IMG_1638.jpg

Comment

Nice going, cant complain about a 23" striper.

The stripers I've caught lately in the 20-24" range have all hit like trucks and fought hard. I think they're starting to pack on energy reserves for the fall run.
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Nice rockfish!

Comment

Trolling? what were you throwing?
          Captian of the plastic Navy
          1 - Mad River Canoes
          1- Tarpon 120
          1- Redfish 10
          1- Coosa HD
          2- Cuda 12
          1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Yes, the larger striper did hit with authority. Thought I might lose it while pulling in my other trolled line, but it was a hard and firm hookset. After picture it was lethargic, so I placed it in my net upright until it rolled over then I propelled forward holding the net pointing down and open in front of the fish. It was so cool to watch it revive, flex it's fins and then tail before realizing the door was open ahead and off like a shot. Fish probably would not have made it without that kind of resuscitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Slackdaddy View Post
              Trolling? what were you throwing?
              Lures: Strike King Redfish Magic (like a large beetle spin with a paddle tail) in chartreuse and pink and one in chartreuse only. The one with mostly pink caught the fish. Speed was in the 2.5 to 2.8mph range and fish were found in and under the large schools of spot in 10-15 feet of water. Tide was moving well at the time..

Comment

Working...
              X