Midweek Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midweek Update

Quick midweek update for folks before the weekend. Went out with two buddies late yesterday afternoon. We launched about two hours after high tide. Wind was somewha there, but definitely died down by sunset. We were trolling/casting a mix of 1/8-1/4 oz. jigheads with pearl/white, pink, and chicken colored paddletails. While we all had numerous bite offs, we each met with success. I ended up with a few puppupy drum 15-17" and a 20" rockfish. One buddy had several schoolie rock and a 19.5" speckled trout. My other buddy had the most productive trip of the afternoon, with a 16" bluefish, schoolie rock, a 17" puppy drum, two speckled trout-20" & 16" respectively, and a lone white perch. We were on the lower Potomac. Saw quite a bit of bait, some of it being worked. I've heard better reports of numerous rock on the Patuxent side, with larger fish. Hope this helps anyone thinking of fishing this weekend. Wasn't able to this past weekend, but I think I passed Ron heading north Monday morning-saw a custom red rod holder in my rear view mirror. Tight lines and stay safe out there.
    20231011_173329.jpg 20231011_160809.jpg 20231011_161637.jpg
    Attached Files
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Fished St Jerome’s with Ron this morning, very slow. A few upper schoolie stripers a drum and a spec. Tide not in our favor but did have overcast skies.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
    X