X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Point

Several of us fished Piney Point today. The daybreak was gorgeous
    F6643AA9-2389-4E59-BEAD-D0FE461EB169.jpg
    the action wasn’t fast and furious but we did manage several stripers, lots of small puppies, perch and trout. I did get a decent 15” puppy. No telling how long the trout and puppy will hang around.
    AA1954A1-7FFC-4604-95F2-E5550465DB78.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Had a similar experience yesterday afternoon/evening. I launched a bit after 430pm and bearly had two hours on the water. I only got a couple of puppy drum, up to 15". My buddy Mike was able to launch much earlier in the afternoon and had a much better day. He ended up with a 21" speckled trout; several puppy drum, also up to 15"; three rockfish-14/15", 21", & 23", and a lone 12" bluefish at sunset. Saw lots of birds, but not much bait on the surface. 20231018_181405.jpg
    Attached Files
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Thanks for the report, glad to hear you're still finding some fish around.
      Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
      2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Man, next year is going to be fantastic for slot drum. I'm having issues with my Mirage Drive so kayaking is probably shot for the year for me, but I'm going to the Banks middle of next week to surf fish for drum and trout. Love this time of year.

Comment

Working...
        X