Yellow perch run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow perch run

Anyone ever have any success with yellow perch in the wayson corner area on kayak?
    Last edited by Jigsup; 01-29-2024, 03:09 AM.

A bit down river from Waysons where the Western Branch enters the Patuxent is a very popular YP spot. There's a deep hole at the mouth of the creek and YP stage there. Expect company if you try that spot. Last time I went there on a February day (several years ago) there were about 20 boats anchored on the hole.

I'm not sure about Waysons proper. There aren't really any exceptionally deep holes so I doubt they stage there, but they should pass through on their spawning run. Catching them during a run would require more precise timing though, I'd imagine.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

I’m familiar with the western branch hole. Last I went there wasn’t a pleasure experience. The bass boats turning into the western branch were making it pretty dangerous for my liking. I’d figure on trying wayson’s because I know the yellow perch do come through there as I’ve seen multiple people catch them from the shore.
      As you’ve stated timing would be key. Seems like the bite only last for a couple days then it’s over. I may have to try the western branch hole during the week when there are less people. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X