Lower Slower Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Slower Update

​ Fished through the rain yesterday. We launched an hour after high tide midday and fished for the next five hours. Wind was a consideration, so we found some spots in the lee. Kept an eye out for nasty storms, but only encountered downpours. It paid off. First several fish caught were (not being targeted) rockfish, generally schoolie-but did see up to 26". Also, saw two white perch 8" & 10". Action heated up with a hooked fish that came to the surface. That fish was a (targeted species) very nice speckled trout measuring 22". Best of the day. I ended up with a 22", 21", and 17". My buddies got a 20.5, 19.5, & 17. We also landed a 13" and 16" red. Mostly throwing 1/8-1/16 oz. jigheads with paddletails. Variations of pink seemed to be doing the trick for the trout. Rockfish were hitting other colors. The red I got, hit on a spinner. Banner day. I haven't mowed my lawn in two weeks and will probably disappoint my neighbors again this week, if there is a break in the weather. Stay safe out there!
    Last edited by ski357; 05-06-2024, 06:58 PM. Reason: Clarification-not targeting rockfish
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Excellent report! Glad to hear the fish have showed up for you in SOMD
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
    X