Carp Carp Carp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carp Carp Carp

IMG_20240629_111706.jpg I haven't posted in quite some time. Just wanted to share some carp pics. I'm not using any "finesse" rigs like hair rigs ...open face bait runner reels, smallish circle hooks below a bait cage, braided line and whatever leftover bread, rice, corn mix I have on hand. Fishing from a dock. I won't blow my SoMd spot up on here, but will happily share if asked. I've taken the family out and have had pretty good success. The wife hooked a monster, but it was too much for her, it ended up breaking off under the dock because her shoulder injury kept her from turning it out and away...they way the drag was screaming, I doubt it would have mattered...trying to horse it would have resulted in pulling the hook I believe
    e. IMG_20240429_084454_665.jpg
    IMG_20240607_084257_168.jpg
    IMG_20230918_092923_568.jpg
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Fantastic Chip.

No need to worry about spot burning. Carp are literally everywhere -- the ultimate invasive. They're gentle unseen giants until you hook one. Then the fight is on.

You've done well to refine your techniques to catch them.

Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

They are fun to catch and sometimes hard to keep hooked up. Little hook can pull if leaned on too hard.
      Capt Mike

Comment

Working...
      X