St. Mary's River 7-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Mary's River 7-14

Wife, her sister and I hit St. Marys river on Sunday for a change of scenery.
    We put in at St. Mary's College and stayed local to that area, we were on the water by 7:00AM and off by 12:00,, it was HOT out.
    My Wife crabbed of the Jackson Coosa with 10 traps,, She caught 18 heavy, large male crabs.
    Her sister and I fished, I was skunked, SIL caught a few white perch on shore structure. We were in a Native Slayer 10 Propel and OT Sportsman 106 PDL.
    I trolled 2 rods with underspun jig heads and 4-5" paddle tails,, white one on a rod and chartreuse on the other. Marked a lot of fish on the sonar,, but not a single hit.

Only picture I have is us chilling in the shade.

DSCN3787.jpg
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Hopefully this front will give us a break and help the fishing pick up. I've been able to find drum on the grass beds my last two trips to that area, but I think this heat may have pushed them deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Pamlico View Post
      Hopefully this front will give us a break and help the fishing pick up. I've been able to find drum on the grass beds my last two trips to that area, but I think this heat may have pushed them deeper.
      I was running a Lowrance HOOK-5 in split screen with Standard sonar and DI,, that said I am some what of a novice to sonar.
      There was structure in the 5-10' depths, but no fish.
      As soon as got into 15' depth, I was running into groups of fish, both large bait balls and large marks on the sonar. But no one was hungry

I was going to mess around with the settings on the sonar,, but with the sweat stinging my eyes, the heat and bright sun,, it just was not happening.

We are talking about Mattawoman sometime mid next week.
      Captian of the plastic Navy
      1 - Mad River Canoes
      1- Tarpon 120
      1- Redfish 10
      1- Coosa HD
      2- Cuda 12
      1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Working...
      X