Post Hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Hurricane

Everyone make it through okay? Out in the Montgomery/Frederick area, there was definitely a lot of rain but people seem okay as far as I can tell.

Anyone have any fishing thoughts or traditions for post storm like this? I have some time over the next few days and will probably spend a day fly fishing the Gunpowder and a day kayak spin(fishing) somewhere... maybe Triadelphia, maybe the bay. Probably take today off to let the water settle at least a little bit.
    Ocean Trident Ultra 4.3
    Hobie Revolution 13 Red Hibiscus

I'd definitely skip the Upper Potomac for a while. The river level at Point of Rocks is at 12.48 feet.

11 feet is "danger" stage, so this ain't the place to be right now!
    Last edited by bignose; 08-10-2024, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I fished Friday and Saturday. Saturday was definitely more productive. Friday it was a solitary perch after two hours on the water. Saturday we had a stellar day on the lower Potomac. We all got slot reds, up to 22"; several white perch. My two buddies really lucked out with speckles trout-one got a 23.5" and the other ended up with a 26" gator.
      Tight lines
      Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
      Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
      Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
      Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Nice! Glad to hear things picking back up. Even though it dropped the salinity I've seen reports of spanish mackerel finally making their way into the Potomac. I'm really hopeful we'll head into fall with a lot of variety.

Comment

Working...
        X