Bay Bridge 5/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 5/2

This is from a boat post!!! My dad and I met at 3pm at Sandy Point to hit the evening run. The plan was to troll for a while and if nothing happened we would jig the piling for rock. We have always had some luck trolling just off the bridge so we put in the 5 rod spread at the WRP and trolled east on the south side of the bridge. I had one knock-down on a deep umbrella that didn't come tight. We moseyed around for another 3 hours with nothing.

At 630 we decided to give it up and jig for a while. We started at one of the 4 post pilings and it was just to deep, so we moved to where I had caught fish before a little shallower. I swear to you, the first cast to these pilings I hook up... it would have been an interesting ride on a yak that's for sure. it was probably about a 5-10 min fight(or what felt like it anyways)and getting gloves on to land this thing. Finally, we got it to the boat and had a nice fat 34" fish. Tried for a little longer, and had about one more hit, but that was it. I was just glad we caught one. My dad was shocked on how we can troll around for 4 hours and then I catch a fish in the first 5 mins of jigging. I think I am going to just stick to jigging...

I did see one kayak out there around 430-5. Was that anyone from here??
    Keith
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Thanks for the report. My dad and I were out trolling sunday and hooked a 34 inch fish right under the bridge as we were heading south. Could have been a twin to yours. Wonder if it was staging there or just cruising on through?

Comment

Working...
    X