snakeheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snakeheads

Anyone planning on chasing snakeheads on Mattawoman tomorrow? Im going as ive never caught one and want to give it a shot. I figure worst case I light get some panfish or cats as last resort. I'm going to launch out of Slavins ay daybreak. Anyone interested in going, let me know.

Don
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

I might be going too but across the river from you. Good luck out there and don't forget the rage toads!
    www.anglerswithoutborders.com
    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

I'm going to try Occoquan for the first time and see if I can stumble into a S/H.

Kanvery,
      Where are you going?
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Didn't make it out this morning in favor of going out all day tomorrow (hopefully Pohick and Leesylvania) how'd you guys do?
        www.anglerswithoutborders.com
        Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Good luck on the snakehead. Shadyfisher, I was out at Occoquan going after Shad about three weeks ago, and they had some biologist shocking the water for snakeheads. It was crazy infested with snakeheads. They were netting up a snakehead every 10 yards as they moved along the banks. They are definitely in there! I was throwing frogs at them all morning, but I couldn't get any of them to bite.

Comment

I launched at upper end of Matawoman, above Slavin's with about 10 others around 730. We all made out way down the creek. Plenty of bass were caught. I biggest one I saw caught was 20" and he said it weighed 4.4oz. I fished until about 1230 and as I made my way back spoke to 4 others and at that point no one had a snakehead.

Hopefully some others had better luck. I"ll have to try again for my first snakehead.
            2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Could you tell what they were catching the bass on? I've been having some luck with spinnerbaits lately in the upper potomac shallow waters. Pohick should be really good on spinner bait this time of year. I'm assuming soft plastics off the bottom will work well too.

Comment

I caught mine on Texas rigged plastic worm. Others were using lizards on shaky head jigs. I saw a couple caught on spinnerbaits as well.
                2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Working...
                X