Hobie at Leesylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie at Leesylvania

Me and Jsnyd were fishing Leesylvania yesterday and saw a proangler leave the launch just as we were headed home after a long but productive day. I was just wondering if it was anyone on this board.

Here's a couple pictures from yesterday. Big yellow perch and big LM. Got a snakehead and hooked one of the largest I've ever seen but shook loose. It looked a little different when it jumped though, darker almost black. Wish I would've gotten it to the boat....
    Attached Files
    www.anglerswithoutborders.com
    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Nice LM! How was the action besides thoe 2?

Comment

It was slow at first but once we found the fish it was game on. We caught 3-4 more like that and enough of the 2-3lb class that I lost count. All in all for the snakeheads we must have had bites from at least 10 but only hooked into 5 and only caught 1.
      Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

nice fish!
        sigpic

Comment

Good one, Jack!

High tide at Gunston is at 0800 tomorrow. How about an early morning at Pohick?

Comment

Hey John that is a serious possibility but there's two things. One I know Jsnyd wanted to go to Leesylvania tomorrow and I'm struggling to finish up 4000 words of misery. A possible idea is to finish the paper today, hit Pohick in the morning and around noon head to Leesylvania as the tide will be perfect for the topwater snakehead bite over the grass for at least a few hours. Would you be up for a two-a-day?

Jsnyd if you see this I'd like to hear how you feel about that too.
            Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

I wont be able to hit to hit both spots but I'd you guys go to pohick in the morning, good luck! I'll meet at leesylvania for the outgoing tide. May show up just before the tide starts to roll out to try near the lillypads. I'm really anxious to try some new yum dingers.
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

Nice work, gents. What was the hot lure? Rage toads?
                Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

You guessed it. That and weightless senkos. Kanvery did much better then I. My soft bait game needs some work. I'm feeling good about today though and should prove myself worthy should a large snakehead decide to take interest.
                  -Jon
                  Revo 13

Comment

Working...
                  X