Snakehead and Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakehead and Bass

Today the Kanvery gang and I went out to Leesylvania. The fish weren't hitting in large numbers, but today it was quality not quantity. I had the first of the day not long after we started. A LMB at 21" (personal best). We headed back to the lillypads and we all pulled a few good looking bass from there at high tide. On our way out the snakehead starting hitting the surface so we focused more on them. Hooked into a few, but Wow, they are tricky fish. Jack managed to get one in the boat for a pic (His personal best at a solid 26 1/2)and then he handed it off to me. Thanks! I still have yet to land one. Some meat in the fridge isnt a bad way to end the day though. Hot lures, rage toad and senko's. Got one on a Yum salamander too.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jsnyd86; 05-06-2012, 07:28 PM. Reason: correction
    -Jon
    Revo 13

well done! congrats on that snakehead, that thing is a beast!
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Nice bass, congrats on a new personal record. That snakehead looks evil! I can not wait to catch one.
      Cliff Williams
      Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Awesome work, gents! Two personal bests in a day is pretty cool.

What's your lady friend paddling there, Jack? I don't think I've seen one of those before.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Cool pictures, congrats to all for help ridding the Potomac River of these beast.
          US Army (Retired)

Hobie Pro Angler 14 & Outback

Comment

Awesome! Looks like you all had a great time.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

way to go, one day I will get one of those snakeheads

Comment

Love it.

I love that last picture! Nice job there. My son and I can't wait to get back out there after them on the tidal Potomac!

Comment

Nice job, guys! Heckuva a bass. Congrats! Those dang Potomac Pike are a blast to catch but they sure are slimy beasts.

Comment

It was a good time, I couldn't catch a fish to save my life at the beginning of the day but eventually got out of my funk. Jasmine ended up getting a tiny snakehead right after Jsnyd left. It was about 13" but still counts!

Bill- She's paddling a Necky Dolphin its an awesome kayak they don't make anymore. It's super sturdy, fast, and as stable as my Tarpon. It has a bow design more like a touring kayak (I think it's actually considered a touring sit-on-top) which helps her out on the long distance paddles in the bay.

BTW- I have no idea why I look so angry in that picture!
                    www.anglerswithoutborders.com
                    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Nice Bass. Great job!

Comment

Great report. I especially like the snakehead photos. I sure would like to get one of them this year.
                        John Veil
                        Annapolis
                        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice Potomac Pike!

Comment

Today at Chain Bridge I saw a well know CB snakehead o'fishyado with a stringer of maybe a dozen snakeheads, total weight of at least 50#. He has been targeting them there steadily for 3-4 years now and REALLY has them dialed in. There must be a knack to it that I have yet to understand.
                            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
                            X