Mallows Bay 5/5/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mallows Bay 5/5/12

A fleet of Siemens with yaks attached to their ladder racks were leaving wake through Indian Head this past Saturday. Here's a couple pictures of our adventure.

I would like to welcome first Siemens Katfish Jones to MKF. It was his first fishing voyage on his new kayak and he managed to land five different species: Snakehead, LMB, Crappie, White Perch and several kats. The majority of Katfish Jone's fish were caught with a Yellow Roostertail.

Second Siemens B Yakin and his first outing as a yaker....did very well on his first voyage landing three species: LMB, perch and several kats. Second Siemens caught the most fish and has earned the bragging rights to this particular venture. B Yakin's Perch was caught on a bleeding shad Rapala and the LMB and kats were caught on 4" white and black Rapala.

Third Siemens, Loupa5 had a great time with his fellow Siemens. Caught three species: LMB, Crappie and Sunfish. Panfish were caught with a White Coach Dog Roostertail and LMB on a 7.5" Yum Ribbontail -Watermelonseed with 1/8 bullet sinker- rigged Texas.

All n all, the fishing was great and two newbies are hooked!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by loupa5; 05-08-2012, 06:56 AM. Reason: Lure corrections & New members name added
    Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
    Stealth Green Tarpon 140
    Orange Koho Perception

Where did you guys put in?
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

nice. thanks for sharing. looks like a good time!
      Sun Fishin'

Comment

That sure is a lot of Siemens. Sorry, somebody had to say it. Nice work guys. Welcome newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by Shield View Post
          Where did you guys put in?
          Wilson Landing Road (gravel road), off route 224. Nice boat launch and kayak launch.

Originally posted by nay_sayer View Post
          That sure is a lot of Siemens. Sorry, somebody had to say it. Nice work guys. Welcome newbies.
          We get that all the time, haha
          Stealth Green Tarpon 140
          Orange Koho Perception

Comment

Looks like a really fun trip. Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to check out Mallows Bay for a while now.
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

It was a great time. I know I'm excited for the next adventure on the Yak. Yak fishing is a awesome world. Thanks for showing me the ropes Loupa5. I look forward to going with you and B Yakin again soon
              Robby
              2014 Hobie Revo 13
              12' Camo F&S SOT "Dirty Floater"

Comment

I haven't been around a lot, but that is the first Black Kayak I have seen. I think that looks cool, although could be hot out in the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by mango View Post
                  I haven't been around a lot, but that is the first Black Kayak I have seen. I think that looks cool, although could be hot out in the sun.
                  It's actually dark (army) green. The Black OPS edition.............kidding
                  Stealth Green Tarpon 140
                  Orange Koho Perception

Comment

What did you get that small snakehead on? I have yet to get or even see one under 18" I always wonder were all the small ones are hiding..

Meadeo
                    2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by Meadeo View Post
                      What did you get that small snakehead on? I have yet to get or even see one under 18" I always wonder were all the small ones are hiding..

Meadeo
                      It was caught on a yellow roostertail. It was the only one that I caught on it. I'm not a real big fan of the snakeheads. I just want to grt rid of them so I'm glad my first one was a small one. Lol
                      Robby
                      2014 Hobie Revo 13
                      12' Camo F&S SOT "Dirty Floater"

Comment

Working...
                      X