tred avon river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tred avon river

me and topwater went to talbot county to the belevue , oxford ferry. we launched at the beach and couldnt buy a bite. we started drifting and drifted into sum water that got muddied up . you could see that something was churning up the bottom. quickly found out it was cow nosed rays, when i hooked one on a rapala. fought it for 30 mins or so, it dragged me into the channel so topwater ( my cousin tommy ) towed me to the beach and i fough him for another 10 mins. those things really fight on an ultra lite ! was hoping to catch sum perch and other stuff. he got one perch and sum other little fish, i got another smaller skate. the big one was huge guessing around 50 pounds ? it was very heavy.
    Attached Files

good job. now you got bait for the bull sharks. but might want to switch the ultralight for at least med-hvy

congrats - sounds like it was a real fun catch!

http://thebatavian.com/blogs/jimnigr...k-part-ii/4385

Comment

I was in the Honga/Fishing Bay/Bloodsworth Isl. area (I paddled nearly 15 miles). When I was cruising the shallows off the NE side of Bloodsworth I ran into a school of cownose rays of immense size. I paddled for 20 min. and was rarely out of sight of at least one ray. When I got back to Fishing Bay, the shoreline where I wanted to fish was so thick with rays I decided to bag it for the day. There seem to be a lot of them this year so be prepared to lose some light tackle!

Comment

nice job landing that! bad news that they are up this far so early got into a big school a few years ago up the wye river around bennets point landing. nasty bastards omeaga protein needs to make cat food out of them

Comment

Working...
        X