Roaring Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaring Point

I had a few hours to kill this afternoon so I decided to head down to Roaring Point at the mouth of the Nanticoke to try for for some hard heads. The day didn't start off to well when I got to the launch I noticed that my hawg trough blew out of my yak on the way down. Which I thought had happened but did not see anything in the rear view.
    So I paddled out to the bouy dropped my anchor and had a fish on with in minutes. I ended up fishing for about an hour and caught 10 hard heads 12"-15" long on bloodworms and fishbites shrimp strips. I figured it was time to head in since I had enough for dinner and the wind was starting to pick up. When I got back to the launch my kayak seemed extra heavy, I had manage to rub a small hole on the keel of the yak. So my day got a little worse, but I caught some good fish and now I am reading up on how to be a plastic welder.

congrats on the fishing.

sorry to hear about the yak. i try to keep an eye on the water level in my footwell. but realistically, i'd probably notice the hull's performance change first.
    Last edited by Southerly; 05-21-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

I have had some water in my boat on really rough days- It can come in around the hatches, even though they have gaskets, they are not waterproof- Usually it is less than a gallon, though- so if you have anything more, you probablky have a leak in the hull- look around the scuppers and or the keel areas where you might drag it putting it on and off your car-
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X