Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

34 inch bluefish caught out of deal on the stormy petrol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 34 inch bluefish caught out of deal on the stormy petrol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...r-Deale-w-pics!

just thought everyone would enjoy seeing this. ill take 10 pound blues over stripers anyday

Caught a bunch that size and bigger last weekend.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

We used to catch them all the time around here years ago. It was a spring time event. My biggest one was nineteen pounds. Chumming was alot of fun for the big blues.

Comment

Where'd you get those, Pinch? And where are the pics?
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
          Caught a bunch that size and bigger last weekend.
          WHere??

Comment

a run of bluefish wouldn't be the worst thing in the world - they like to eat, like to fight!

Comment

Bluefish

Be careful what you ask for- Blues in big schools are ravenous eaters- back in the late 70's big blues were a glut- you couldn't put a line in the water without having one on your line- no one wanted the fish- you couldn't give them away-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                Where'd you get those, Pinch? And where are the pics?
                JBay. I caught a 33" and a 32.5" there are some monsters up in NY. All photos are under the JBay post in the "Everywhere Else" section of the forums.
                Cliff Williams
                Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                  Be careful what you ask for- Blues in big schools are ravenous eaters- back in the late 70's big blues were a glut- you couldn't put a line in the water without having one on your line- no one wanted the fish- you couldn't give them away-

can't believe i'm gonna quote (or misquote) sheryl crowe,... but it's not about getting what you want; it's about wanting what you got.

i've been happy to get a little 5" white perch when i couldn't get anything else. hell; one day, i was almost happy to get an eel ,...

* it looks like Cliff06 is credited with Pinch's response above????
                  Last edited by Southerly; 05-24-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Just saw the jBay pics...WOW! Looks like fun
                    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly View Post
                      can't believe i'm gonna quote (or misquote) sheryl crowe,... but it's not about getting what you want; it's about wanting what you got.

i've been happy to get a little 5" white perch when i couldn't get anything else. hell; one day, i was almost happy to get an eel ,...

* it looks like Cliff06 is credited with Pinch's response above????
                      +1

Comment

I'll take a 10 or 15 lb bluefish every time I put a line in the water. They are great fun. I return most fish any way. They are gluttons.

Comment

I have to admit that pound for pound, nothing fights like a big Bluefish- they are a game fish- nasty eating those buggers, though- rose bushes like them but 10-10-10 works better.
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I think the smaller ones 12-15 inches are pretty good tablefare. They are best if you bleed them and put them on ice right away and eat the same day caught.
                            Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Blues under 4 lbs taste fine if you cut out the blood line skin and fillet and eat fresh. Frozen bluefish tends to loose some of its good oily flavor.

Meadeo

PS. Smoked bluefish is amazing.
                              2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Working...
                              X