Triadelphia Memorial Day Fish Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triadelphia Memorial Day Fish Report

Went to Triadelphia again to give the bottom bouncer and crank bait a go. This time I tried a small floating Rapala jointed minnow in the fire tiger color. It worked very well. This is the first time I've caught fish while trolling a crank bait on the bottom bouncer. I probably caught around 8 fish. Most of them were crappies. I lost 2 really big crappies right at the side of the kayak. Also had a heavy fish come off before I could tell what it was. One day I hope to get a bass or walleye on this technique. So far the bottom bouncer is working well. I have not been skunked yet at Triadelphia this season while using the bottom bouncer. I'm also having lots of success with the $20 humminbird sonar unit that I picked up off of Craighslist. Can't say enough about how it is helping me locate these panfish. The fish are showing up on the sonar unit and then as I troll past, the fish are hooking up on the bottom bouncer rig. Now I just need to figure out where the bass and walleyes are.

Nice... gotta love that little YP eating a lure almost its size.

How heavy a sinker did you have to use for the bottom bouncer?
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Bottom Bouncer

Chex,

The bottom bouncer I've been using is a 3/4 ounce. I also have a couple of 1 ounce versions, but haven't used them yet. I've got a barrel swivel and I little more than 2 feet of line for the leader to the lure.

I need to get another one of these rapala jointed floating minnows before I lose this one. I've never fished a fire tiger bait before and this one seemed perfect for the green and brown stained water.

I wonder if a larger rapala floating minnow might appeal to bigger fish?

Water clarity on the main lake was about 6 or 7 feet with a green stain. Water clarity was about 2 feet and brown in the branch arms with feeder creeks. I'm sure the top end of the reservoir was brown too.

Comment

I too fished Tridelphia today. Landed a 2# largemouth and got a few tail tugs. Fished a spinner bait and a power worm Carolina rig. The worm got all the attention today.

I noticed bluegill and largemouth guarding their nests. Tons of carp jumping. Beautiful day on the water!

Anyone else the the photo from last November at the Brighton Dam office? 22 lb, 41" striped bass!

Comment

Gonna need a bigger bait
          Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
          Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
          Northern Pike: 24 inches
          Crappie: 12 inches
          Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Working...
          X