Tidal Potomac Mon 5/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidal Potomac Mon 5/28

We launched out of Marshal Hall (I went with my friend who bought my old boat). The plan was to fish from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. which was the favorable tide. Water clarity was murky maybe 16". What is more concerning is that the grass is only 50% of what it should be or has been the past many years. Last year is suddenly declined mid July and we were hoping it would come back strong this year; however it doesn't appear to have and this has us worried that we might be entering a period of severe change!

We focused on Greenway Flatts and it wasn't hard to find the relatively small grass bed (just look for the 12 boats parked in a tight oval). The bass were in the bed and we caught 10 or 12 between 2 lb and 3.75 lbs. My son snapped a picture of the one included on this post with his iPhone.

Baits were a 3.5" green pumping tube with 1/4 oz worm wt rigged texas style, cast out and let go to bottom then rip, jig, jerk through the grass pausing to let it sink each time. Also got some on a shallow crank bait on the inside of the grass bed at higher tide and on creature baits worked in same manner as the tube. We had two blowups on topwater frogs but no hookups.

All in all an enjoyable day considering the late start and early end.
    Attached Files
    2010 Hobie ProAngler
Working...
X