Where to Fish Saturday Near Wallops Island or Ocean City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to Fish Saturday Near Wallops Island or Ocean City

My son is in the AF and is TDY (business trip for non-military types) to Wallops Island over this coming weekend. I have never fished that part of the world.

I'd like to take him fishing on Saturday either on a charter or kayaking. Need your help in making it a fun and productive fishing weekend. The main goal is catching fish with a great son who I don't get to see very often or fish with.

All suggestions are needed and appreciated. Regret the short notice!

Old Cajun

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthread.php?t=3645

GB

Comment

I live in oc and I can for sure tell you unless you wanna go offshore for tuna or sharks that right now fishing onshore here is at best slow. Down wallops way as you saw I'm the previous post there's been good flounder action inshore on the va eastern shore queens sound is a good launch and there's many channels to choose from that are pretty close to the launch there's also a few other launches that provide less paddling distance to a few other choice spots. Four mouths and the assateague channel behind chincoteague are good places to start sorry I don't have much more for you, try checking reports at chris's bait and tackle online and see what's goin on that way could be more help, ill try to help if ypu do decide to come up this way or can try to answer any other questions you jave. Have fun@
      Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Comment

Wallops Island/Chincoteague area ........ less crowds ...... better fishing ...... can rent boats ~@ Capt Bob's if you don't take your own or take a head boat or charter ........ http://captbobsmarina.net/rental_boats.html

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you! It looks as if we'll be doing as suggested and launching our kayaks! Hopefully, we'll have pictures to share.

I did call a number of charters. What I found out was there are always nice people who are in the fishing industry. Evidently, the charter boat industry south of Ocean City area has really been impacted by the recession and gas prices. Not a lot of boats left for off-shore fishing. I was told a lot of the owners had either sold their boats, moved, or just gave up. There is still a number of inshore fishing charters and some head boats. All had charters for Saturday.

I'll work on getting my son & I to do better planning for next time. So off I go Friday after work. Again, thanks for the advice!

Comment

Brief update

Great trip-but 1 dink stripper. Due to storm, fished at the end of Hwy 366 with 10 to 20 mph winds. Tough but at least we got some time together. Got to eat some good seafood on the Va. side.

Next time I'll try fishing in the channel on the causeway to C. island Va.

Comment

Working...
            X