Severn 5/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn 5/31

Decided against the BB and launch from Jonas Green Pk this morning where I saw Metroman preparing for a crabbing adventure. I caught one small striper on the east side of the bridge in front of the Naval Academy. Used a Bruce’s Bay Anchovy with my fly rod in some breaking baitfish for the one striper caught. Pedaled out to the bay and fished around the radio towers with no luck. Went back to Weems creek and nothing there either. Just a slow morning but great weather and I was out in the yak.

Also met JVail at the park when I got back in. Was nice to talk with you John.
    Attached Files

I fished several spots across the river from Jonas Green this morning. The bite was very slow in places that usually hold perch in the summer. I then paddled into College Creek and cast to shorelines in two coves. Again, the bite was slow to nonexistent. I ended my morning by meeting On the Fly in the parking lot. It was good to meet you Harry.

My total catch for 2.5 hours was 5 perch and 1 pickerel -- certainly less than what I had hoped for. In many of the places I attempted to fish today, there was a great deal of aquatic vegetation that interfered with casting and retrieving. The water was an unpleasant brown color.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I thought I saw JA Veil when I was working the line. I was too far to get a closer look. Saw you paddling out
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
      X