fishing tues morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing tues morning

Set out to Jonas Green Pk to launch at 6:30 am. Was raining going down Ritchie Hwy but stopped at Joans Green. Caught over 20 stripers in the Severn, small but plentiful. Lot of breaking schoolies. Caught all of them on my fly rod. Even set up a double rig of Bruce's Bay Anchovies and brought in 3 doubles.
    Attached Files

Great fun! I hope to be on the water out of Jonas Green on Friday morning. The forecast looks like calm winds and incoming tide until @0930.

Regards,
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Harry,
      I got to Jonas Green around 09:00 and there was no place to park! AA County police had something going on there with the Special Olympics and the lot was jammed. I headed over to Weems and caught some perch and a micro striper. Sorry I missed the action in the river.

Ed
      Hobie PA 12

Comment

I found out about the crowd when I came back in what a mess

Comment

I couldn't make it for the morning, but i did launch out of Jonas Greene in the afternoon. They were loading up the last of the stuff from the gathering and getting ready to tow off their big BBQ rig, so the place had cleared out a lot. The wind was picking up by then, so I did not travel far from the launch. Found some small white perch and striper around the rip rap and pilings near shore. The perch and striper were pushing lots of small bait balls near the surface, so I chased those around for a bit.

I jigged up one larger perch on a small diamond jig in deeper water, but most of the fish were as onthefly described: small but plentiful.

The skulling crews were also out in force, so I kicked back, sipped some coffee, and watched them practice for a bit as well.

All this wind we've been having lately has really made me wish I had my anchor installed.

Comment

Originally posted by jsquare View Post

All this wind we've been having lately has really made me wish I had my anchor installed.
            On weekends or windy days, you will have better luck by paddling to one of the nearby creeks or coves to look for fish. I have fished Weems a lot recently and caught fish every time. College Creek and Manresa Cove were not so productive, but I will go back again and visit them. There are loads of places I have not tried yet this summer, so get out there and do some exploring. Have fun.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
            X