Piney Run - 6/9/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Run - 6/9/12

Went to Piney Run with my buddy again to get our money's worth on the season pass. There certainly is an increase in vegetation/grass/weeds/pads growing now with the warm weather. Water was more stanined than we anticipated.

The lure for the day was a beetle spin. My buddy probably cuaght 7 or 8 largemouths on one. I had a nice 15 incher in about 12 feet of water on my own beetle spin. I was using a fluke jr with a paddle tail as the trailer.

About 10 minutes later I hooked into a very large bass close to shore in the shade. It took line and dogged hard. I made the mistake of applying too much pressure and the bass broke the surface. It opened up a huge mouth and shook violently. The lure departed from the fish. It was likely the biggest bass of my life.....lost to be caught again hopefully.

I never recovered and was fishless the rest of the day. We stopped fishing around 12:30PM. My buddy also caught some bass using plastic worms in the lilly pads and slop.

We'll be back.

sucks when that happens. at least you got some fish
    sigpic

Comment

How much is a season pass and where do purchase one? Does the pass include the park entrance and launch fees?
      Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
      Stealth Green Tarpon 140
      Orange Koho Perception

Comment

Originally posted by loupa5 View Post
        How much is a season pass and where do purchase one? Does the pass include the park entrance and launch fees?
        $105 season pass

$13/day

All non Carrol County Resident rates

They have Srtipers and trout in there too ........

Comment

$

My buddy registered his bass boat and we split the cost. So far we have made 3 trips. 2 More and we get our money's worth. Any trips after that we are saving money. It's a nice place to fish if you want to target some largemouth bass. It is amazing to me that there are rockfish in there. It really isn't that large of a lake.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
            My buddy registered his bass boat and we split the cost. So far we have made 3 trips. 2 More and we get our money's worth. Any trips after that we are saving money. It's a nice place to fish if you want to target some largemouth bass. It is amazing to me that there are rockfish in there. It really isn't that large of a lake.
            I've been wanting to try Piney Run for some time but the pricetag has prevented me from going. I'm willing to give it a try after reading your reports, at least for a day and who knows maybe two. May I tag along the next time you venture to Piney Run? I'll bring chips...
            Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
            Stealth Green Tarpon 140
            Orange Koho Perception

Comment

I'll post some photos tonight.
              Last edited by DanMarino; 06-12-2012, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Piney Run Photos

First fish of the day.

Big fish of the day (15 inches)

My buddy catches one of these every trip at Piney Run.

Comment

Working...
                X