Jonas Green 6/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green 6/13

I launched at Jonas Green this morning at around 06:30 to a stiff breeze from the NW. I paddled over to the Southern side of the river to where Onthefly was slaying them on monday. There was quite a bit of wind blown chop and I didn't see any breaking fish. I started casting to the rip rap on the shore and began to pick up some perch here and there. I worked the shore from the Academy Bridge to the first point up river. It was very slow although I did see schools of bait all around.
    I trolled on the way back to Jonas and caught one 7" rockfish on the south side of the channel.
    I thought the water clarity would be horrible today but it wasn't bad, maybe 3'.
    Hobie PA 12

Ed -

I did not read your pmail until after you said you would launch. I'm glad you were able to find a few fish after launching in an exposed spot like Jonas Green. I found lots of fish in an upstream tributary this morning -- better than what I caught yesterday where you were today.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X