Sat 06/14 out of SPSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat 06/14 out of SPSP

Anyone heading out early saturday morning from SPSP? Weather/winds look good so I am thinking about it. Let me know your yak color and I will keep an eye out for you under the bridge.

Originally posted by Mbrupb View Post
    Anyone heading out early saturday morning from SPSP? Weather/winds look good so I am thinking about it. Let me know your yak color and I will keep an eye out for you under the bridge.
    i hope to be out at the bridge on sat. not 100% though, but i would have to be on off the water by 1030. i'll be on a ivory hobie if i'm out there.
    sigpic

Comment

Where are yo launching? I have not fished BB from my yak yet. Concerned about the boat traffic.
      2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

i may be heading out the sat morning. but wont be taking the yak.

Comment

I was thinking about going sunday but I left my PFD at the beach I was hoping someone here might have a spare I could use for the day, dont feel comfortable fishing the bridge without one.

Comment

good luck, with the wind from the NE the waves will be building on the westen shore

Comment

Launching out of SPSP (sandy point) at sunrise. I will be in a red trident 13 and with a friend in a yellow trident 11. Wind is forecasted for <10 mph for the whole day not sure why you think it will be too rough.

Comment

Originally posted by new2yaks11 View Post
                Where are yo launching? I have not fished BB from my yak yet. Concerned about the boat traffic.
                Boat traffic is usually nothing to worry about now that trophy season is over. Just wear bright colors and always keep a lookout. Not much traffic at all under the bridge unless you are in the channel.

Comment

I plan to launch around noon east side.

I'll be in a dark green hobie outback. I'll have an extra PDF in the car just in case. Cell is 706-587-6891.

Comment

OC- sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet, it's been crazy. I may see you out there tomorrow.

Comment

No problem. Got to talk to another VA person. I'll update you on da water.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cajun View Post
                        No problem. Got to talk to another VA person. I'll update you on da water.
                        Not gonna make it bro. Just checked the traffic report for the bridge before I left, I'm not sitting for two hours to get across. Tight lines!

Comment

I was out there today. Ran into several yakers.

I trolled from SPSP all the way to the east side... nothing. Jigged many pilings with a 6" BKD... nothing. Eventually started going for perch with something smaller and caught a dozen mini-stripers under 11". Trolled back to the west side... nothing.
                          Mike S.
                          Hobie Outback
                          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
                          X