Bb 6/16 - 6/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb 6/16 - 6/17

Fished the BB Saturday afternoon into the evening with Stupidjet. We jigged most of the afternoon only to catch dinks. As a last resort, I decided to go try for some spot to liveline. No spot but there are tons of perch along the pilons. I caught a few and decided to go liveline them.....First pilon, dropped it down nothing, moved on to the next pilon and as soon as it hit the water, it got gobbled down by a 30inch striper.

Sunday, fished the BB again for a few hours in the morning and only managed dinks.
    Attached Files
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Where did you guys put in?

Comment

If I was there, I would not have thought to live-line perch. Thanks for the report, and congrats on a good size keeper!
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

NICE!

Are there stripers all summer that size at the BB?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwater View Post
          Where did you guys put in?
          g dock
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by camelbird View Post
            NICE!

Are there stripers all summer that size at the BB?

i would say most summer stripers at the BB are in the lower/mid 20's with an occasional 30incher mixed in.
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

i fished sat morning aswell, saw 4 other yakers out there, then fished the afternoon with grilled. dinks, dinks and dinks. i did go on a fun sleigh ride in the evening with a cow nose ray.
              sigpic

Comment

nice fish mike. Jack told me he caught a 16in bunker and had flashbacks to jbay lol
                Cliff Williams
                Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I was there yesterday 6/17 morning till afternoon caught a 12" and a 26" (striper) the 26" had sores on it .caught it trolling a bucktail/twister tail, put up a good fight though.Sad to see a nice fish with sores on it,weighed about 7lbs.

Comment

Nice striper! Hopefully, there'll be as many in that size range there this year as in the past few years.
                    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

i did see a school of bunker circling. you can see a faint picture of one. these things where 10-14 inch.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X