Jonas Green 6-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green 6-17

Met up with Aesiegel for a 0600 launch. I fished bait (shrimp) and FBBW while Aesiegel fished what looked like twister tails on a 1/4 oz jighead. Things were really slow for me until I set up shop around some pier on the right just before Manresa and started killing the perch ... ended up taking home enough for a nice little fish fry!

I've had my Hobie (first ever yak) for about a week and I absolutely love it! Can't wait to try all kinds of other fishing spots and methods ...

Last edited by Striper_MIKE; 06-18-2012, 04:10 PM. Reason: photo
    Hobie Revolution

Nice looking perch. I wanted to meet up with you guys yesterday, I hit the snooze one too many times. I've never fished out of Jonas green before, reallywant to try it soon,especially with the perch bite heating up.
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Mike,
      That's a nice mess of perch! Glad you finally found your honey hole.

Ed
      Hobie PA 12

Comment

Hi Mike,
        I see you took my advice on the perch location.. good catch

Comment

Nice work on the perch! There are a lot of good perch spots around the area that you caught them in with the small marina and rip rap shore lines. Just keep pitching under the piers until you find the shool. I'm ready to catch me a mess of perch... maybe I can work in an afternoon trip this week...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I may be able to make it tomorrow. Is there a bait shop near by to get bloodworms?
            Cliff Williams
            Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Anglers is right off of rt 50, pretty close to Jonas Green. Also, some 7-11's in the area have blood worms.
              Hobie PA 12

Comment

You dont need bait, soft plastics should work just fine... gulp minnows on road runner jighead or small jighead with spinner arm is what I like to use for perch.
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I don't think I have anything small enough, except some mepps spinners.
                  Cliff Williams
                  Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff06 View Post
                    I don't think I have anything small enough, except some mepps spinners.
                    They would probably work... Be sure to bring the one you picked up on the Katherine!
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

LMAO! That would catch the next state record. What else is around in the Severn? I have never fished it.
                      Cliff Williams
                      Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                        Hi Mike,
                        Yup, sure did! I was about to call it a day when I remembered what you said and gave it a whirl ... most of those fish were caught in about an hour!

By the way, very close to this spot I saw a guy and his son pulling in some crabs ... asked him how he was doing and he said he was calling it a day with about 40 crabs ... they ran their line in exactly the same spot you wanted!
                        Hobie Revolution

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                          Hi Mike,
                          There goes that honey hole!

GB

Comment

Mepps spinners will get the job done. #2 is about the biggest i would go targeting perch although you will get some takers on the #3's. I snip two of the hooks off, makes it alot easier to deal with the fish and to tell you the truth as long as your good with hooksets doesnt really miss to many fish. If anything you catch more fish because the fish can actually get the hook in its mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPfisher View Post
                              Mepps spinners will get the job done. #2 is about the biggest i would go targeting perch although you will get some takers on the #3's. I snip two of the hooks off, makes it alot easier to deal with the fish and to tell you the truth as long as your good with hooksets doesnt really miss to many fish. If anything you catch more fish because the fish can actually get the hook in its mouth.
                              I do the same thing when fishing for trout with mepps #0 and DD. During the Susquehanna flats kayak fishing jamboree, I caught a WP on a Mepps #5 fishing the launch
                              area around Tydings Park. He was only 8.5in. They will truly hit anything that moves.
                              Cliff Williams
                              Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Working...
                              X